Friday, August 18, 2006

DECEMBER, 1989

RANDOLPH HIGH SCHOOL
ALUMNI NEWSLETTER
RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
DECEMBER - I 989
Gloria Campbell Gallagher
4676 Barrett Street
Delray Beach, FL 33445
Hm:(407)498-0157
Wk: (407-997-0095
***************************************
MONTE MAHR: Monte and his family have bought and moved into a new home in Tampa, Florida. Their daughter, Shannon is now in the eighth grade. His wife, Patty, works at Monte's engineering firm. They are enjoying their new Tibetan Terrier. Monte and Patty celebrated their 20th ANNIVERSARY October 25th. Congratulations!
CORNELL WALKER: Cornell works for a law firm in Dallas and has recently remarried. Lynne has two children who are in college and Cornell has two children who also attend college. Lynne is trying her hand out at flying lessons and scuba lessons. Cornell, I'm sure, is working too many hours at the office. Cornell and Lynne plan on making the Reunion.
BETSY NORMAN KEHOE: Betsy lives in Atlanta with her doctor husband and two children, John and Shannon. Shannon is in the second grade and John in the sixth. Besides carpooling, Betsy enjoys tennis and renovating houses. Betsy is coming to the Reunion.
TOM ROGERS: Tom is back stateside in Virginia from a tour in Belgium. Tom is a Lt. Col. in the Air Force.
MIKE WAGNER: Mike says he is through with producing and will stick to writing. He had a short stint on Star Trek: the Next Generation and quit after 8 weeks and decided to get back to novel writing. Speaking of novel writing, how many people took my advice and read BRUCE ZIMMERMAN's book "BLOOD UNDER THE BRIDGE"? oooooh wasn't it good? Stay tuned for the battle of the RHS novelists!!! P.S. Mike will be there at the Reunion.
DAVE WAGER: Dave and his family recently moved to Reno, Nevada where Dave is Vice President-Director of Marketing at Porsche of America. Their daughter Alicia (17) will be moving with them, but son, Russel (23) will be staying in California where he will live and work. Dave and Audrey are planning an being at the Reunion.
JOE SCROGGINS: Joe writes that he is fine and enjoyed his trip to San Antonio in October. Joe plans on being at the Reunion if he can work out the time off.
KRIS STAND MEYER: Kris and her kids are doing just fine. Kris is studying hard for her finals and is still attending SAC. Her parents celebrated their 50th Anniversary this year!!!
ANN DORMAN'S parents - BETTY AND HERMAN DORMAN have finally settled down and bought a home in Lakeland, Florida. The Gypsies have landed.....
Danny, Kelly and I went over to Sanibel Island on the west coast of Florida this September again for our anniversary and visited with DOUG McGILL and his daughter, Megan. Doug is doing fine after some back and neck surgery. He has done some redecorating of his house and had a pool put in. Thanks for the steaks Doug.
BONNIE HORNE was married in September to Jack McKeever. She has quit her job and settled into a nice routine of relaxation. They are thinking of moving to Arkansas and hopefully get away from those snowy winters in Oklahoma. Bonnie spent her 43rd birthday snowed in at a truck stop somewhere between Norman and Muskogee, Oklahoma. The trucker's were happy though. Bonnie will try to make it to the Reunion.
PAM McCALL and CAROLE O'BRIEN went to visit TERESA DEARZA in Las Vegas in October. I couldn't go so I sent a videotape of a tour of my house, my office, my yard and my refrigerator. They all three called me the last night they were together and they report that they are all still friends! TERESA is still working hard at the newspaper and teaches personnel management at the local college. PAM is still living in Dallas and finishing up courses for a degree. CAROLE lives in Austin and is a manager for a real estate brokerage. During this visit, they contacted BILL BRADFORD in Houston who got them in contact with my old Chemistry partner, RICHARD CLICK, who lives in Georgia. They ALL plan to come to the Reunion.
DONATIONS were received from MIKE WAGNER,
MONTE MAHR and BETSY. Thank you all.......
THE REUNION WILL IN JUNE. I AM HOPING TO GET THE OFFICERS CLUB FOR EITHER JUNE 16 or the 23rd. The band I had scheduled will not be able to make it due to circumstances beyond my control. Any ideas? I am looking for all alternate place to meet on Friday night that will hold all of those that will be attending. I have not done my homework at this time and will have to write you an update in a few weeks. If anyone has any ideas for music, please contact me. I will be in contact with the Officer's Club soon to confirm the dates, etc. Just make your plans and wait for my update. I have all the addresses oil my computer now, so if you would like to have a list, please let me know. It is pretty long and bulky, therefore air extra expense to send out to 150 people.
DANNY and I are fine. It has been a hectic year to say the least. I just got back from a weekend in Lexington, Kentucky where my Mother had a triple by-pass operation. She is home now in Somerset, Kentucky recuperating nicely. My father is doing quite nicely taking care of Mom and learning how to be a housewife. Mom says he is doing a good job but she can't wait to get "back to normal". Mark and Kyle moved into their own apartment together this fall. They moved closer to me and I like that. They are still working with their father. Danny bought me all early Christmas present ... a 1975 MGB. I am having full tooling around in it. The only problem is that it only holds two people. When I go somewhere, I usually have more than one other person with me!! I have saved the best for last. My daughter, Allison is expecting a baby boy in February. Yes, you are right, I am going to be a grandmother. We are excited and I am going to be her coach! We are just finishing up the Lamaze classes. My son, Kelly, is having a hard time understanding why he will not be a brother to this baby instead of an uncle. By the time the baby is born, I will probably know what is happening with the plans for the Reunion, so hang in there and I will let you know then. HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
LOVE, GLORIA

No comments: